The following information will guide you through the steps necessary to create an account in the Michigan Renewable Energy Certification System (MIRECS). The Registry Administrator is available to assist you throughout the registration process.
Please call 888-964-7327 or email MIRECS@apx.com
STEP 1 – Review Registry Documents
You should first review the following registry operating documents:
STEP 2 – Online Registration
- Visit the application and select the “Register Here” link.
- A pop-up window will appear with a checklist describing the steps required to register for an account.
- Scroll down the page and select the appropriate “Account Type” and click the “Continue Registration” button.
The “Accounts Types” are:
- Michigan Utility Service Provider: This type of Account can hold, transfer (outgoing and incoming), and retire credits. A Michigan Electric Service Provider Account can also register and maintain Projects and have credits issued to it for its projects. A Michigan Electric Service Provider Account is the only type of Account that can retire credits for compliance with the Michigan Renewable Energy Standard.
- Project Account: This type of Account can register Projects and have credits issued to it for its projects. A Project Account can hold, transfer (only outgoing transfers), withdraw and Retire credits. A Project Account cannot receive transfers from other parties.
- General Account: This type of Account can hold, transfer (outgoing and incoming), and retire credits. A General Account can also register and maintain Projects and have credits issued to it for its projects.
- Retail Purchaser Account: This type of Account is for retail purchasers of credits. A Retail Purchaser Account can hold, accept incoming transfers, and Retire credits. They can also register and maintain projects that are under 1MW in capacity and have credits issued in their Account. A Retail Purchaser Account cannot make outgoing transfers.
- Qualified Reporting Entity (QRE)/ Verifier Account: An Account Holder with a QRE Account is assigned to a project and is responsible for verifying generation information from that project. MIRECS tracks the specific types of projects for which QRE’s are approved to provide services, ensuring that they are suitably qualified and accredited. The QRE Account cannot hold credits.
- Review each section and indicate your acceptance of each section by checking “I Agree” to the left.
STEP 4 – Complete Account Application
- Complete all required fields which are noted by an asterisk (*) and click “Submit”.
NOTE: It will be possible for the public to view the Organization Contact information you provide when your account is approved.
- Upon completion, you will receive an e-mail notification to activate the account.
This activation must occur before the Registry Administrator is notified of your pending account.
STEP 5 – Account Review
The Registry Administrator will review the account application.
- If the account application is complete and approved, an email notification describing account approval will be sent to the designated Account Manager E-mail address provided in the New Account Application form.
- If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the Administrator will notify the Account Manager.
Approved accounts may begin using all functions of the system available to their User Type.
STEP 5 – Billing
- Applicable Account Subscription and Registration Fees will be billed when the account is approved.
- Once the invoice is created, the Administrator sends the Account Manager an Email notification with the invoice and payment details.
- The Invoice is also made available online via the “My Invoices” report within the Registry for downloading and printing.
- Invoices must be paid in 30 days. Failure to pay will result in account deactivation.
STEP 6 (optional) – Asset Registration Process
If you require to register assets in the registry, please visit the following page process: